Has anyone written a script to manage mksnap_ffs snapshots similar to the way that NetApp does?

(People with NetApp experience know what I mean :-). The configuration is very, um, concice, but it works really well once you understand it.)

I imagine it would be a cron job that would run each hour and create&mount a new snapshot if required, or unmount&delete an expired snapshot. Of course, if they used the same snapshot directory names it would be easier for users to adapt.

I searched on google and ports and didn't turn up anything.

Tom