Warren Block wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Rob wrote:

This is exactly the point where I get confused.

# cat /usr/local/etc/sane.d/hp.conf | grep -v "^#"
usb 0x03f0 0x0401
/dev/uscanner0
# sane-find-scanner -v
[...]
checking /dev/uscanner0... open ok, but vendor and product could NOT be identified
found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device /dev/uscanner0
[...]

Hmm. What does 'scanimage -L' say?
> The only other thing I can think of trying would be to check that
> 'usbdevs -v' shows matching USB vendor and product codes.  HP may have
> revised them.

# scanimage -L

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev
1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
#

And again, I'm in a state where I have no idea in what direction to go!

What do you have configured in your kernel config file, to get this usb stuff working?

Thanks for your help!

Rob.