> Hi,
>
> I am having a lot of trouble setting up mail. And, perhaps more
> importantly, I am having a lot of trouble figuring what software to
> set-up. Sendmail is standard but buggy, so I imagine that Postfix is a
> better choice. But what should I use for secure IMAP?
I went through this a few years ago, and settled on Qmail. Easy to set up,
as secure as these things get.

Then I found Matt Simerson's FreeBSD Mail Toaster scripts, which make
installing and configuring everything ridiculously easy.

http://www.thenetworkpeople.biz/internet/mail/toaster/

It installs Qmail and Courier (reg and ssl), Vpopmail, Qmailadmin, various
webmail interfaces, Spamassassin, and ClamAV.

Pretty much all you're ever gonna need.

HTH,
Rafi