> What are some of the other approaches (if you dont mind).  I can't
> really do a NAT, I'd really like to stay with a bridge and not do any
> routing.

I'm using a bridging setup (specifically to grab all web traffic and
divert it all to a proxy/policy manager), I had to perform a kernel
patch in order to use fwd on bridged packets.  Try here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ipfw/2003-September/000526.html

The briding code in OpenBSD is quite good and ipf will let you use a
similar approach out of the box and is a bit more convenient than
patching.

Hope this is helpfull.

Jason.