Quoting Doug White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Kenneth Culver wrote:

It runs OK, with some minor nits compared to x86 version. I'm not sure
what the
laptop maker is talking about... but if you boot the x86 version of FreeBSD,
it'll work. I think they meant you can't switch from amd64 to x86 after
already
booting an OS.

Me either. -current actually supports running i386 binaries in amd64 mode. Thats one of the processor's features. :-)

You can't run amd64 binaries when booted into an i386 OS, of course.

Yeah you can run x86 but you cant' go into regular 32 bit mode that's all.

Ken