On Jul 8, 2004, at 18:34, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jul 08), Doug Hardie said:
On Jul 8, 2004, at 13:44, Dan Nelson wrote:

The best you can do is make sure "ypwhich" points to the local machine so that subsequent processes will use it. You can't force existing processes to switch.

Thanks. I have now set 3 servers in the -S list. ypwhich shows the one currently being used. I need to be able to change that. It appears that ypset is the way to do that. However, when I start ypbind with the -ypsetme argument I still get "sorry, cannot ypset for domain NAME on host". I am running ypset on that server. That message comes from a request to rpc prog 100004 which is registered to rpserv so I don't see how an argument to ypbind would help this. I don't find any similar arguments to ypserv. How do you make ypset work without opening it up to the entire world?

From looking at the source, the -S flag resets the -ypset and -ypsetme
flags. See if putting -ypsetme after the -S xxx arguments helps.

That did it. Somehow I missed that in the source. Thanks. I appreciate the assistance.