On Jul 12, 2004, at 16:16, Chris wrote:

On Monday 12 July 2004 06:01 pm, Eric Crist wrote:
What can I use as a secure (SSL) pop3 server. I'm trying to eliminate all
instances of passwords being transmitted to my network unencrypted. Mail
is all that is left. I want to setup pop as a secure service, before I
worry about fighting with sendmail and SSL.

qpopper offers both SSL and APOP options.

I use qpopper with SSL quite successfully. Its straight forward to setup. However, getting the clients to work with that protocol can be quite difficult. Eudora in particular has a broken TSL implementation so you have to disable TSL and let it default to SSL before it will work.