At 08:17 AM 07/13/2004, Nagilum wrote:
Hi J.D.

The runorder of the rc scripts in /etc/rc.d is determined by the dependencies of these scripts, There is a utility called rcorder(8) (read the manpage!) which returns the names in the order they can be executed. It uses special comments in order to do so. So you probably just have to add:
# REQUIRE: ldconfig
to your dns startscript to fix your startup.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alex....yes - this is what I came up with over the weekend and it works fine. I filed a bug on this, since nothing should really be starting prior to ldconfig running (at least in my mind). I dont understand though why it 'suddenly' became an issue, but at least my work-around (and your idea too) did the trick.

thanks.

-- J.D. Bronson Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA Office: 414.978.8282 // Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] // Pager: 414.314.8282