Hi
I observe the following strange endless loop when booting from the
installation floppies on my amd duron system.

1) booting from kern disk is ok -> i do get till promt asking for mfsroot disk
2) continuing with mfsroot disk gets me to promt hit return or wait 10 sec to
boot kernel.
3) booting kernel is ok till it prints
    scsi waiting 15 seconds for scsidevices to settle

    After this 15 seconds i only see a single line or two (cant tell exactly)
   scrolling endlessly repeated over the screen. It semms as if probing for
   for the non existent  scsi harddrives sends the kernel into an endless
   loop.

I have to admit i use the 53c974 scsi controller as a mor advanced and
extended paralleport for my mustek scsi scanner.

-----My Hardware and a bit more-----
Architektur : i386
CD-ROM
        CD-ROM Drive/F5E

        HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B

CPU
        AMD Athlon(tm) Processor

Display
        Vanta [NV6]

Festplatte
        ST340015A
        QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 30
Monitor
        103050
NetzwerkgerÃte
        3C905B Fast Etherlink XL 10/100
Speichermedium
        Floppy-Controller
        Bus Master IDE
        53c974 [PCscsi]
TV-Karte
        Hauppauge WinTV
Tastatur
        PC Keyboard
fbdev
        Riva TNT
ide
        ST340015A
        CD-ROM Drive/F5E
        HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B
        QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 30
pci
        VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133]
        VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133 AGP]
        VT82C686/A PCI to ISA Bridge
        Bus Master IDE
        VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI]
        3C905B Fast Etherlink XL 10/100
        53c974 [PCscsi]
        Hauppauge WinTV
        WinTV/GO
        Vanta [NV6]

Or could it bee that my soundblaster live is not responding properly either or
better at all ? ( check connection to mainboard -> change slot to one nearer
to graphics card ?

cu
Chris