Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
Trying to build the port jdk14, I get the following error message:

/.amd_mnt/mirrorball/export/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java/util/CurrencyData.java:1:
 'class' or 'interface' expected
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location
^
/.amd_mnt/mirrorball/export/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java/util/CurrencyData.java:1:
 unclosed character literal
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location

A search for this gives quite a lot of hits, but all seem to suggest that the linprcfs is either not mounted, or that linux-supprt is not loaded into the kernel. Well in my case neither seems to hold true:

Svein,

Did you do a make install (not make install clean) in linux-sun-jdk14 ? If so, do a make deinstall in ports/java/jdk14/ and remove ports/java/jdk14/work and its contents, then make install clean in that port. At least that's what helped me.

http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23254

good luck!

--

Gustaaf