Wojciech Puchar wrote:
Have you tried Start --> Run

\\ipaddress.of.samba.server

works. and AFTER THIS network neighborhood works too.

any idea?

i think that (as unusally) windoze is a problem

Yup. All I can say is that I've found this to work with reluctant Windoze clients. I assume they are just *incredibly* slow to discover the network.

Give them a week or two switched on, plugged into the network, doing nothing, and they'd probably be fine on their own...

cc'ing to the list in case it helps anyone else.

Peter.

from the Windows machine? Might help narrow the problem down to
netbios/browsing issues if it does find the machine.

Peter.

wait a bit