I'm using FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE with two systems. Both have VIA chipsets - the older
KT133A (my parents' home) and the "newer" KM266 (my home). For both of them I've
compiled specific kernels, with ACPI support. KT133A works perfectly - no errors,
warnings or anything of this kind. With KM266 there is a problem: fdc0 is NOT
detected, for the kernel cannot reserve I/O ports. With ACPI disabled, on the other
hand, USB subsytem reports various errors - restarting one or more ports, then giving
up with controller configuration. The GENERIC kernel you provide works well when apm0
is off (the ASROCK MB I use has only ACPI), but it has no ACPI support. What can I do
(in order to have ACPI, fdc0 and USB working well)?

Thank you.

Vlad Tudorache,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----