Hi all,
I'm reading the function ia64_init()<sys/ia64/ia64/machdep.c>, and try to use "printf" to output some information. But if I put "printf" before "msgbufinit()", I won't see any word I expect by using dmesg.

In the same function after "cninit()", it comments: /*
* Initialize the console before we print anything out.
*/
cninit();

        /* OUTPUT NOW ALLOWED */

So I have thought "printf" should work after cninit(). But now it seems to work only after msgbufinit().

  Is there any way I can output information before msgbufinit()?

Regards,
Annie