Thank you oliver!!!
-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Aug 11, 2004 1:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Monitor Resolution???

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Hakim Z. Singhji wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a question that may be trivial to most however, I don't seem to know how to
> modify my monitor resolution. I am using FreeBSD without X windows install.  Text
> only and the font and overall resolution is 'HUGE'.  I recently installed 4.10 (last
> night) but I don't know where I went wrong with this? Thanks in advance for your
> help.

An acceptable resolution is VESA_800x600 (I do not think that the kernel can
do more at the moment?).

To enable it you have to recompile your kernel with
option SC_PIXEL_MODE enabled (so you can use the raster text mode).

Then load the vesa support with kldload vesa and try
        "vidconrtol -g 100x37 VESA_800x600".

If it is o.k. for you put in your /etc/rc.conf file:
        allscreens_flags="-g 100x37 VESA_800x600"
and add to /boot/loader.conf:
        vesa_load="YES"
to load the vesa module at startup.

Oliver