--On Saturday, August 21, 2004 08:16:16 PM -0600 Jon Drews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:59:23 GMT, Emon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Second, I did create a new user, but I wasn't sure wich group to
put it in, so I kept the GROUP field blank. Now I can't su to
root cos it say that I am not in the right goup(wheel). So what
does it mean & how do I solve this prob?

Edit the /etc/group file and add your new account like so: wheel:*:0:root,$YOUR_ACCOUNT

Just curious....why would you do this rather than using pw?

pw usermod username -G wheel

I've always thought it was a bad idea to edit the passwd and groups file directly, because the dbs don't get built that way.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member