hi, everyone.:)
  I wanted to install "mysql" on one server, which belongs to Sun Microsystem's
UltraSPARC systems and its os is FreeBSD 5.2.1.

  I have installed ,mysql-client-3.23.58, and mysql-server-3.23.58 through FreeBSD
port. But when I wanted to compile the software "ripe-dbase"--which prerequests the
installation of mysql-- it always responsed "can not find the libmysqlclient_r.so file
".  Is there something I forgot to include during the installing? Can someone tell me
how to resolve the problem.

   Thanks very much!

Yanling Li

Cernet Center,