        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Toni Schmidbauer
        Sent: Wed 8/25/2004 2:05 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: X issue

        On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:00:47PM -0500, Dustin wrote:
        > I'm having some issues, I believe with XFree86.  I just installed FreeBSD
5.2.1 Rel, installed XFree86 v 4.3.0, then ran CVsup to update my ports tree, then
installed Fluxbox from ports.  I managed to configure it well enough to get into
Fluxbox, but when I exited out from X, the system would hang.  I ended up having to
hard-shut it down after it hung.  Now I cannot get back into X.  When I run 'startx',
the system hangs.
        > What kind of things can I try now?

        - try if your box is reachable via network (ssh). if yes, kill XFree86
          this should relinquish your console

        - look through /var/log/XFree86.0.log

        - which kind of graphic card are you using?

        - break your lines after 65 characters, so your e-mails become more
          readable to us

        hth,
        --
        Wer es einmal so weit gebracht hat, dass er nicht | toni at stderror dot at
        mehr irrt, der hat auch zu arbeiten aufgehoert    | Toni Schmidbauer