Jason Dusek wrote:
In certain places, I am unable to get on the internet even though I am recognized by the DHCP server and assigned an IP address. In most cases, I am not able to ping anything, but even when I can (for example at my parents' house, which is serviced by MSN) my browser times out. What is the name of this problem, and which section of the docs will help me to fix it?

_jason

Well - assuming you are talking about FreeBSD, I'm not so sure it's a FreeBSD issue. If you can connect to the internet, and if you are running ipf/ipfw - then look at your ruleset.

Other then that - call your ISP

--
Best regards,
Chris

Inside every large program
is a small program struggling to get out.