**** BEGIN RANT ****
Why is everyone running 6 current and expecting it to work? They just created that branch recently and I seriously doubt that its even close to usable. We could run 5-Current because it was pretty far along.. 6 is "new".

Last time i looked at the handbook it said NOT to run CURRENT unless you are a developer/know what you are doing. I think 5.3 beta is bleeding edge enough for everyone.

Based on recent posts, i've concluded that several video cards and possibly sound cards are currently broken in 6-Current plus maybe some NICs. Translation: Don't try this at home.

Another reason not to adopt 6 so early is that it encourages port maintainers to screw over people on stable versions. I had to upgrade to 5 early because of broken ports. Lets not go through that again. I know technically that only the ports tree that comes with a release is officially supported, but then again everyone always recommends CVSUPing the ports on Questions. Besides, who wants to run outdated and possibly insecure versions of software.

**** END RANT ****