eodyna wrote:

hi everyone.

i just want to know if anyone has had any major issues
running freebsd on 64bit architecture.

i am wanting to buy a asus a8v deluxe - 939 via k8t800
pro motherboard with a amd athlon64 939 3500+ chip.

If anyone has any experience, id love to listen to
your do's and don'ts.

thanks!!!
ams

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

I tried to put 5.3beta7 on my brothers and had 2 main problems. The wireless network card was not supported. When I tried to use ndiscvt I just got an error saying if_ndis.ko could not be loaded. It is the linksys wmp54gv4 pci card. The issue that would get you is when I compiled x, startx failed about not being able to init fonts. I am sure that could have been easily fixed, but for my brother the killer was wireless. Other than that it was smooth, be sure to read /ports/UPDATING about lib changes.