Alex de Kruijff wrote:

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 04:14:49AM +0200, Alex de Kruijff wrote:

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:06:37PM -0500, Ned Harrison wrote:

I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 and upgraded from KDE 3.1 to 3.3. After completing the upgrade, I found that I did not have any system sounds. Following the instuctions in the UPDATING file in /usr/ports, I removed the knotifyrc file. After logging out and back into KDE, I now have system sounds but applications like XMMS and KsCD will not produce sounds, yet they access the the CD drive and will list files correctly.

I have also upgraded from XFree86 to xorg.

What additional information that I could provide could help on this matter? Or am I just overlooking something in the Kcontrols?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Start KMix and change the volume levels.

For some unknow reason the volume has bin set to 0% by default in the 3.3.0.

Boy, you know how to make me feel dumb! ;-)
Works perfectly. I had spent a couple of hours trying to figure out whether arts or some other program was blocking it.
Thank you very much!