I have freebsd 4.10 on one of my production servers.

I have been using the dump/restore combo to backup my drive, and I run a nightly dump -9 on the /home partition, and most of the dump -9s are dumped to a single tape since I don't have daily acs to swap the tapes more than once a month or so.

I'm wondering if there is a utility that can index the dumps on a tape and list the time/date for each dump on the tape. I looked through the dump/restore/mt man pages, google'd, and looked though the ports without much luck.

please CC this to my email, as I am not subscribed to the list anymore..

thanx in advance.