On Oct 25, 2004, at 1:07 PM, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

And this differs from your experience in the Windows world...how? :-)

I'm not sure I understand your question. Rephrase or make it more specific, because answering to such a vague question is pointless.

Just a side comment from the peanut gallery...

I was referring to the fact that in most cases, the solution in the end most often IS to just reformat and reinstall because there's so much cruft/crap/crud in the registry and Windows directories that that is the best solution, unless you want to spend an extra couple days trying to sort everything out.

-Bart