Hi,

I've a Intel SE7210TP1 motherboard with Adaptec HostRAID and I've created a RAID1 array with 2 SATA disks using the following command:

  atacontrol create RAID1 ad4 ad6

The system installed on /dev/ar0 just fine and I played a bit with atacontrol detaching and attaching the disks.

 Detaching ad6 worked without problems with the following commands:

  atacontrol detach 3
  atacontrol attach 3
  atacontrol rebuild 0

But when I tried to detach ad4 (after rebuilding array from previous detachment) I got an error saying the array was broken. Now when booting it shows this:

ar0: 152627MB <ATA RAID1 array> [19457/255/63] status: DEGRADED subdisks:
disk0 READY on ad4 at ata2-master
disk1 DOWN no device found for this disk

but atacontrol list shows ad6 there. So my question is: what's the proper way of doing de attach/detach operation ?

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni

PS.: Please CC me any reply because I'm not subscribed to questions@ Thanks.