Gary Kline wrote:

Thanks, I'lll give it a try. (This is an *old* card, circa 1998-9 that I never used... .)

gary

If it's ISA old and emu10k1 doesn't work, you might also want to try the snd_sb16 driver. Or even snd_sb8. But if emu10k1 doesn't work my first option would still be snd_driver for the generic set - but be warned that, as another person on this list has recently discovered, if attempts to poll your card produce what it thinks is a match when it's not, this can cause problems. (At least I can only presume that's what happened.)