Quinn Ellis wrote:

Why do you download with bittorrent as opposed to FTP?

Lets do the math...
you'll note that http://torrents.freebsd.org:8080/ at this moment says there's been 1978 completed downloads.
Lets pick an arbitrary average size for each file downloaded: 388MB

388 * 1978 = 767.5GB

11/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:30PM: Now
11/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:00PM: Official availability of 5.3
27.5 Hours

767.5 / 27.5 = 27.9GB/h / 60 = 465MB/m / 60 = 7.75MB/s
All of this data and bandwidth above has been shifted off the servers and onto the downloaders. This saves freebsd and its primary mirrors money, this is why I chose to download freebsd via bittorrent and why I'm going keep my bittorrent client open for others.