I am doing some testing of 5.3 in preperation to converting a number of production boxes from 4.6. A couple questions I have not been able to find answers for:

One of my systems has a very large IDE drive that is used to hold some long term very large files that are rarely created but occasionally referenced. The system disks are all SCSI. When I convert that system will the IDE drive (UFS format obviously) be mountable on 5.3? Or do I need to reformat it also? I don't have any easy way to preserve those files because of their size.

The port pstack doesn't work on the basic 5.3 install. It expects /proc to be there. I can mount /proc and then pstack works just fine. My guess is that proc was removed for a reason. However, is there a replacement for pstack or do I need to mount /proc?