Michael C. Shultz wrote:

On Monday 15 November 2004 12:18 pm, Kill the Penguin wrote:

I've ran into this sort of problem from time to time. How do you find
and specify options in those ports that don't present a banner. For
example, the php4 port has many options listed in the Makefile.ext
file, but it's not clear how to turn these on. I looked through the
ports docs again and I don't see anything like "make showoptions".
Can someone give me a clue?

Chris

Only adults have difficulty with childproof caps.
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

To find "WITH" type options I just do the following:

cat Makefile | grep WITH

Hope this helps some...

-Mike

I believe I brought up the idea of "showoptions" in a previous post. Maybe we should bring it back up :)
We should really have a standard file/section to denote these options in an easily readable format. We cant assume
that normal users are going to open up the Makefile and look around aimlessly for them. anyways, just my 2 cents.

Regards,
   Frank Laszlo