Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 04:51:01PM +0000, Andrew Sinclair wrote:

So a PPT and a PNG were garbled. No big deal. Since bsdtar is now the default Tape ARchiver, shouldn't it include the options of its predecessor? I would assert --ignore-zero on plain files and allow --ignore-failed-read at least.

You can (and should) discuss this with the author, but bsdtar isn't currently intended to be a 100% replacement for gtar, particularly for the more obscure options. If you need gtar, you can always use it instead.

For those of you who are following this thread, I have contacted the author and he will be adding these two options.