On Dec 10, stheg olloydson launched this into the bitstream:

it was said:

I'm seeking a reasonable alternative to WinXP/2000 Hyperterminal as a

console application (for serial port access to a no-graphics card
box).

Hello,

I use SecureCRT from www.vandyke.com, but it pricey. Check TUCOWS
listing at
http://www.tucows.com/networkadministration_terminalemulation_default.html
(URL may have wrapped). They have user ratings, complete descriptions,
and download links for at least 23 different console programs. Some are
even free! (Most are shareware.) A popular (free) one is puTTY. FreeBSD
even has a port of it.

Does Putty handle serial connections? I thought it didn't! I have Putty installed, better take a closer look...aparently I'm missing something! :)

Thanks for the advice!!