On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Lapo Nustrini wrote:

If you have just gone from a < 5.8.1 version of Perl to the current 5.8.5, you are probably running into the following:

(From the Openwebmail README file at http://www.openwebmail.org/openwebmail/doc/readme.txt )

If you are using FreeBSD and your perl is compiled from port,
then please note that the SUID support is disabled by default
since the port for perl 5.8.1 or later

You need to do 'make -DENABLE_SUIDPERL' in making port

Lapo

thanks - I am rebuilding perl now. is there something I can add to the /etc/make.conf file to make enabled SUID support everytime I rebuild perl?

cheers,

Noah