Hello,

I tried the following at the boot prompt:

# unload
# load /boot/kernel/kernel (<- my custom kernel)
# set hint.ohci.0.irq="15"

The command 'show' at the boot loader prompt
shows that the above device hint was set
appropriatly.

I did this because I set the OHCI device in the
computer's bios to IRQ 15. I additionally included
the above device hint in the file /boot/device.hints.

Tho - During the boot process I am still getting:

ohci0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xe4000000-0xe4000fff irq 11 at device 1.2 on pci0

Which finally leads to the same interrupt storm on
"irq11: ohci+"

Why is the device hint not recognized during the
boot process? Is it because I did enable DEVICE_POLLING
in my kernel configuration file? But I thought
this option only belongs to network cards ...

Daniel S. Haischt schrieb:
Hello,

Lowell Gilbert schrieb:

"Daniel S. Haischt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am getting the following error message during
the boot process after having compiled a custom
kernel for FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1.

----8<--------8<--------8<-------8<-----8<-----
Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: ohci+";
throtteling interrupt source
---->8-------->8-------->8------->8----->8-----

Are you using OHCI? Disable it if you're not.

The problem here is, if disabling USB (OHCI) in the
bios, the interrupt storm appears in conjuction
with the device atkbd ...

... so the interrupt storm remains - no matter what
I am doing.

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad4s2a
warning: KLD '/boot/kernel.save/ipfw.ko' is newer than the linker.hints file
ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging disabled
Accounting enabled
warning: KLD '/boot/kernel.save/linux.ko' is newer than the linker.hints file

Looks like you haven't really updated everything... _______________________________________________

That message is a result of booting using the old
GENERIC kernel (actually it is called kernel.save/kernel).

If I am using the new kernel I am not getting these
error messages. But then, unfortunatly, I am getting
the interrupt storm message :(

-- Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards

Daniel S. Haischt   | phone:    +49 -7032-992909
Grabenstrasse 11    |           +49 -700-DHAISCHT
                    | fax:      +49 -7032-992910
D-71083 Herrenberg  | fax2mail: +49 -7032-7999738
GERMANY             | cell:     +49 -172-7668936

SIP:   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5060
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:   http://www.daniel.stefan.haischt.name/