Hexren wrote:
I have the following problem, I have 2 ADSl Lines and would like to
combine those 2 into 1 big. I have full control of both the gateway
from my LAN and another Server in the internet which I coud use as a
second gateway.

What I am thinking of is something like virtualizing so that in the
end I have VirtualInterface1 which is DSL1 and DSL2.

p.s. Multilink PPP is unfortunately not an option as the lines are
rented from different providers (I think that is prohibiting multilink
isn't it ?) :(

Sure you can combine two lines for bandwidth boost and redundancy. Ports/net/mpd is probably the best choice considering you have FreeBSD installed on both gateways. Get familiar with this port, its configuration is not so difficult. You could even encrypt and/or compress both links to gain even more speed and security (if the external server is on a fast, secure line and has a fast CPU). You should probably sign up with mpd-users mailing list at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpd.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Andrew P.