Scott Bennett wrote:
     Paul Schmehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On Monday, December 20, 2004 02:14:20 AM -0600 Scott Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    I've been asked in freebsd-newbies to move this to freebsd-questions,
so I'll start with my original message content after this line.
    I'm trying to get my FreeBSD 5.2.1 system to connect to our household
wireless net.  The router and the only other computer in the household are
using WEP, so my FreeBSD machine needs to do so as well.  Unfortunately,
whenever I add a WEP-related argument (e.g., wep, wepkey, wepmode) to the
ifconfig command, as in

        ifconfig fwe0 wep

I get

ifconfig: SIOCS80211: Invalid argument

fwe is not a wireless interface, it's ethernet over firewire.

You're not really giving enough information in this post. What is your wireless card?

Peter.