hi,

im having problems configuring the X window system in a IBM
thinkpad laptop.
The servers starts ok, but the problem is that it doesnt fit the
full screen. i dont know if you undrestand me, because my
english is not very good.
im gonna explain it with a picture:

         |-------------------- |  <=  screen of my laptop
         |   |---------------|  |
         |   |                     |  |
         |   |                     <== size of the X's screen
         |   |---------------|  |
         |---------------------|

the video card is a silicon motion, but the driver doesnt work,
so i used a generic VGA.
Now im using FreeBSD 5.3 with Xorg, but before i was using
debian with XF86 and i had the same problem, but i fixed it
startingthe X server with the "-dpi 100" but this now doesnt
work.
i also have used the xvfb server, but with this server doesnt
work.

any idea is welcome.
thanks in advance.

jcazor.