Brian Astill wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:39 am, Joshua Lokken wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:20:40 +0200, P. B. S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How can I do that?
explore2fs is for ext2/3 only.

I want to copy files from my FreeBSD filesystem (UFS2, I think?)
using Windows.

http://us1.samba.org/samba/

# cd /usr/ports/net/samba3
# make install clean

Then you can share your FreeBSD files over Samba, and have
access to them from your Winboxen.

That's fine for two separate boxes, but has no hope whatsoever is the Windoze and FBSD OSs are in the same box (perhaps even on the same drive).

Ah. A crucial bit of information that was missing from the original post. Standard practice in that case is to create a partition on the system with a filesystem that both OSes can read and write. Between Windows and FreeBSD that boils down to msdosfs, or in Windows-speak FAT32. (FAT12 and FAT16 are also supported, but why on earth would you want to use them if FAT32 works?)

See newfs_msdos(8), fsck_msdosfs(8), mount_msdosfs(8), msdosfs(5)

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd