Mark wrote:

I was looking at the bsd site and noticed the Quarterly Report was out, and in
this report
it states we are in danger of losing the non-profit status. Please read this
report.

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/press/20041221-newsletter.shtml

Yes, I saw that yesterday, they need to rise $30,400, the max for any single person or entity is $8000 to meet the required 1/3rd rule. My only question is why they waited till now to raise 30 grand, someone dropped the ball on this one. Sent them your money and do it fast (umm like today) as the deadline is 6 day's away:

The FreeBSD Foundation accepts donations via check:

      The FreeBSD Foundation
      7321 Brockway Dr.
      Boulder, CO 80303

 or PayPal:

      http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donating.shtml

 Checks must be postmarked by December 31st. to count toward the
 advanced ruling period.