When I ran 'buildkernel' as well as 'buildworld', I used the 'CPUTYPE?=i686' directive in the 'make.conf' file. I was wondering if it is correct to leave it in the 'make.conf' file now that I am finished building a new kernel and updating the system. Would I be better off if I just removed it, or changed it to 'CPUTYPE=i686'. I assumed that the '?' was just for the 'buildworld' procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My formula for success is rise early, work late, and strike oil.

        -- J. Paul Getty