Anthony Atkielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I installed Apache 2.0.52 on my fresh reinstallation of FreeBSD 5.3, but
> I can't figure out how the new rc.conf system works.  How do I set
> things up so I can start Apache in rc.conf?  I installed Apache directly
> from the downloaded source rather than from the ports, so this wasn't
> done automatically.
>
> Also, is there a comprehensive explanation of how the new rc.conf stuff
> works somewhere on the Web?  I don't understand the rc.d interaction.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-rcng.html

Unfortunatly, this document doesn't fully explain how /usr/local/etc/rc.d
has changed, but it's a good start nonetheless.  More can be gleaned
by following the links to other man pages, and reading the various
/etc/rc scripts themselves.

HTH.

--
Bill Moran