Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 09:22:04PM -0600, Chris wrote:

Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 06:53:09PM -0800, Harlan Stenn wrote:

Neither -x nor HOLD_PKGS is what I want.

I *want* to upgrade the software, I just do not want to FETCH prebuilt
packages for any package that has a Makefile.local file in the tree, as
a Makefile.local file means I want to build that package with local changes.

That's a very specific requirement, then, and I don't think
portupgrade can do it.

Kris

A snippet from the portupgrade manpage. Note the execution model... Pay close attention to item 1 (-P).

I dunno - it's seems fairly clear to me that the manpage does a fine job detailing just what parm does when. Again, to me at least - this thread should have halted by telling the user to view the manpage.

Er..the thread started with a question from a user who *knows about -P
and uses it*, but doesn't want portupgrade to fetch packages in a
specific situation.

Kris

Again, from the manpage ...

" -x GLOB
--exclude GLOB Exclude packages matching the specified glob pattern. Exclusion is performed after recursing dependency in response to -r and/or -R, which means, for example, the following command will upgrade all the packages depending on XFree86 but leave XFree86 as it is:
portupgrade -rx XFree86 XFree86"

-- Best regards, Chris

You may be recognized soon.
Hide!