Scott I. Remick wrote:
Ok so I got over my hurdle getting FreeBSD 5.3 installed on this old
Presario (it ended up being RAM... needed more than 16MB to get through
install, borrowed some and then could then back off to default 16MB after
5.3 was on). I thought I was on a roll until I "accidentally" tried to bring
up a man page. It has been on "Formatting page, please wait..." ever since.

<snip>

My pentium 100 MHz with 16 MB RAM runs smoothly with FreeBSD 4.10 , it even runs fvwm under X. I am not able to run 5.3 install, as I only have 16MB, I was suspecting that I need more memory for the install proccess. When I get another 16MB RAM to test, I will tell you. Will it be necessary to change the memory requirements in he handbook?

We will see. Ramiro.