SPYRIDON PAPADOPOULOS wrote:
Hi,

Well i use freebsd for sometime and i know many things in here but
> anyway i do NOT consider my self advanced user... So i am sorry if
> i cannot explain my problem properly.
First of all i am running at the moment FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC2 on a DELL
> Latitude C810 Laptop. I have a problem with my sound card it is an ESS
> Technology Maestro3 pci card as FreeBSD recogizes also. The thing that
> makes me worry here is that when in X-windows i open the Info Center
> and press on "storage devices" section it gives me this screen with
> the storage devices which actually are my partitions or cdroms. (Sorry
> i am no sending a screenshot) so there is the root " / " paritions
> among with "/var", "/tmp", "/usr" and "/dev". Now all of
> them shows a normal output for "usage" and  "Full%" and for "size"
> but "/dev" has the following attributes: device: "devfs" (where others:
> "/dev/..." are having the path) - Type: " ? " (where
> others "ufs" or "cd9660") - Size: "1024B" (where others "..MB"
> or "...GB" - Free: "0B" - Full:"100.0%" and finaly the "Usage" bar
> is red and full!
Is this normal?

Yes. Devfs is not a file system that exists on a disk, it is a device listing that is organized into a file system hierarchy. It (and procfs) are always full.

--
Jeremy Faulkner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Resume: http://www.gldis.ca/gldisater/resume.html