I'm running 5.3-RELEASE-p2.

I am unable to open a terminal window in either windowmaker or the default twm window manager. No error messages go to the log files. However after x crashes there will be output messages to the screen along these lines:

Xauth: (argu):1:  bad display name "nedsbsd.cox.net : 0" in "list" command

The nedsbsd is something I'm willing to change if needed. I entered it months ago when I initially installed FreeBSD didn't know what the install program was asking for when it asked for a display name. I figured I could change it later. I neglected to change it when it seamed to not cause problems.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.