Curtis Almond wrote:

Anyone know how to make /usr100 not mounted at boot time?

Edit /etc/fstab and add the 'noauto' flag to the appropriate line. Something like this:

    /dev/ad0s2f   /usr100  ufs  rw,noauto  2   2

Or even better....
How can I create the ad0s2-4 (ad0s2f after boot) label but have
sysinstall not newfs it during netboot?

You shouldn't need to recreate the disk or partition labels every time you reboot, unless you are wiping and re-installing most of the disk each time.

If you're using sysinstall(8) to do an automatic install as part of your netboot process, then as far as I can tell, there's no way using the scripted interface to tell it to create a UFS partition but not newfs or mount it -- although that's easy enough using sysinstall interactively.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of ditching sysinstall(8) entirely for that purpose and using fdisk(8), bsdlabel(8) and newfs(8) directly.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd