Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop.  I have a number
of Dells, and on the whole I'm happy, but I've had "issues" before.
Can anybody who has one of these machines (1150 only, please) tell me
good or bad things about it?  Have you been able to get the internal
wireless card to work?

Greg

FWIW
I think the 1150 ships with either a truemobile 1350 or 1450 (your choice). It's my understanding (from a quick google) that those are still broadcom devices. I had a Truemobile 1300 (Broadcom), and had to use NDISulator to get it running. That was with 5.2.1. Haven't looked into it much but I think NDIS is built into the kernel now?? Not sure.

My point is... you may have to use the windows drivers with a wrapper to get it to work. It worked well... but I was running from windows to begin with.

On the other hand... I've switched to an Atheros based miniPCI card which works quite well with 'device ath'. I can give you a link if your interested.

So you might dig around and try to find out positively whose card those miniPCI devices are.

HTH

--
Regards,
Eric