[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've got a Sun SPARC 20 collecting dust, and I was wondering if any
version of FreeBSD would run on my Sun SPARC 20? From what I can gather
FreeBSD only works on UltraSPARC.

Maybe not FreeBSD but both NetBSD and Solaris work very well on the Sparc 20, and they're available for free. (Well, actually if your SS20 has more than one CPU, you'd have to get a commercial license for Solaris 9, and shouldn't use the free license, since that's only for one CPU but I mean, it's hardly stealing candies from little children, is it... and reportedly Solaris 10 will be "open source" anyways, so what.)

mkb.