Hi all,

sorry for my post in czech language before....

I got sources with cvsup:
*default host=cvsup.cz.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all
and make upgrade from 5.1-pre10.

None problem appeared, I used almost same configuration for kernel, as for old
5.1 version, I used mergemaster and make installworld in single user mode in
/bin/sh

After reboot appeared this kernel panic.

ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
ata0: [MPSAFE]
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
ata1: [MPSAFE]
pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached)
pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 31.5 (no driver attached)

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
instruction pointer     = 0x58:0x2d6c
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xf80
frame pointer           = 0x10:0x0
code segment            = base 0xc00f0000, limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 0, gran 0
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number             = 9
panic: general protection fault
cpuid = 0;
Uptime: 1s

I found only one message, which describes same panic, as mine:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-i386/2004-June/001132.html

I tried to load old kernel from /boot/kern.old/kernel, but same kernel panic
appeared too.

HW configuration is same, as in message above, only have 1GB RAM
and P4 2.4GHz.

Thanks for any advice...

                                  Jacek