I updated to this via ports, and the services appear to be running and
listening for connections.

However, if I connect to them, I get disconnected immediately, and nothing
appears to be logged for any of the services.

It's obviously affecting both POP3 and IMAP, leaving the mail services on my
server useless.

I tried reinstalling the port for courier-imap, but it complained that it
couldn't find courierlogger. So I reinstalled courier-authlib from ports, and
reinstalled courier-imap and it no longer complained. However, the services are
still doing exactly the same!

Any ideas what has happened?!

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If
you are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and any
attachments and notify the sender of mis-delivery; any use or disclosure of the
contents of either is un-authorised and may be unlawful. All liability for
viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
states them, with requisite authority, to be those of Converged Services Ltd.