Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2005-01-10 19:38, Chuck Swiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[ ... ]
Go to /etc/mail.  Edit freebsd.cf (look for SMART_HOST), point it at your
ISP's mail server.  Do "make stop; make install; make start".

FWIW, the file edited should be `freebsd.mc', not `freebsd.cf' otherwise a subsequent "make install" will overwrite the edited `freebsd.cf' file with a fresh copy generated from `freebsd.mc'.

Err, yes, that's right. (I knew which file I meant. :-)

Note that you can even copy freebsd.mc to hostname.mc, and the system will find it for you so you don't have to change the default template file. The Makefile explains this better than I did.

--
-Chuck