On 13 Jan 2005, at 2:15 PM, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:

simply try to export/set the DISPLAY variable before
installing any additional software.

setenv DISPLAY foo.bar.com:0.0

Your actual X-Server -´

Hi! I tried this (I had to use xhost first on my local machine), and it sort of works. I get a lot of errors about fonts, and the Oracle installer keeps throwing various java exceptions and not doing anything, but I don't know if that's because of problems with the installer or the X connection. The font errors I get are:

Font specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]

if you have any idea what I'm missing that would solve this...

Thanks muchly,
Ricky